FME, the next-generation ETL
FME is a data-integration platform and a data-processing tool originally created by Safe Software and designed to manipulate geographic information. It has proven to be extremely effective at processing data of any kind with an unsurpassed interface and ergonomics at a lowered cost compared to other general ETLs.
Databases, desktops, spreadsheets, CRM, images, XML, CAD plans, cloud, big data, point clouds… FME can read and write over 500 formats and offers hundreds of operators for all your needs.
FME is an indispensable companion for all data managers, but it can also become one of the pillars of your IT architecture by ensuring interoperability between your applications, automation and task planning with FME Server.
FME Desktop components
FME Desktop includes several tools and applications. The two key applications are FME Workbench and FME Data Inspector.
FME Workbench is the basic tool for designing data conversion and translation workspaces. Its interface allows to represent the most complex projects in a totally graphic way thanks to hundreds of operators (Transformers) adapted to all uses.
You can also use your own Python code without worrying about reading and writing datasets.
FME Data Inspector
FME Data Inspector is a visualization tool suitable for all formats supported by FME, whether they are text, image or vector type.
FME Data Inspector is used to analyze the datasets to be processed and the results of the translation but it is above all an exceptional and indispensable debugging tool that allows you to visualize the state of all your data streams at any time of the treatment: the developers’ dream!
Other FME Desktop tools and components
- FME Help: a tool to view the various support documents for FME
- FME Quick Translator: a pioneering tool at FME Workbench that is used for fast conversions that do not require data transformation
- FME Integration Console: a tool to integrate FME features into other GIS and CAD such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Geomedia or MapInfo
- FME Licensing Assistant: an application for FME licensing management
- FME Command Line Engine: allows you to start translations with command lines
- FME Plug-In SDK: Allows developers to add formats and features to the FME core
FME Desktop’s commercial distributions
FME is sold in various forms in fixed or floating licenses. Each edition has the same software components. The formats, Transformers and/or built-in applications available in FME depend on the version you choose.
Formats available in each FME distribution:
Transformers available in each FME distribution:
Veremes accompanies you in your project
Our FME offer
FME technology starts here
Automate your FME workspaces
A hosted version of FME Server